Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Legion 31 and 32

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #31 Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Kevin Sharpe

Tony Bedard begins his short fill-in arc here. Bedard has quickly become DC's go-to-guy for fill-in runs. I guess because he is a quick writer or something? I dunno. This was a good start though. The Quest for Cosmic Boy has begun and Supergirl is the new Legion Leader. ...shocking huh? (: Anyways I got the feeling that we were supposed to know some of the new bad guys introduced. Maybe from past version of the Legion? I dunno.

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #32 Written by Tony Bedard
Art and Cover by Dennis Calero


Calero produced some pretty cool art for this issue. I am liking it. Have they announced who is going to the writer on this series after Bedard? I can't remember. Anyways, Supergirl doesn't really appear in this issue despite being prominent on the cover. This issue focuses on Starboy, Sunboy, and Lightning Lad's brother on his homeworld of Winath as they come face-to-face with a craz cult that worships a lightning god. Pretty far-out stuff but a lot of fun. I enjoyed this issue.


No comments: