Monday, July 09, 2007

I Say F**K Arion

Superman #663
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art and cover by Carlos Pacheco

Busiek is a fantastic Superman writer. He really gets the character. I hope he stays around for a long time. I am enjoying his run better than Johns and Donner's Action Comics run. I love how Christopher is mentioned in this issue though. The art in this issue was fantastic and the shot of Superman watching Earth from the Moon was breathtaking. The Young Gods are very funny too. I am starting to like the New Gods stuff more and more. Originally, I wasn't a fan but I think DC has really won me over with them. It was nice to see Lana again and some acknowledgment of her running of LexCorp. I like the idea that she is still cleaning up all of Lex's "secret projects" including the baby Chemos. I also liked the whole fake Arion thing as it explains a continuity error from Day of Vengeance. I am a sucker for stuff like that. Superman's speech about why he will stay Superman to Arion was wonderfully written as well. Very Good Issue.

No comments: