Saturday, July 14, 2007

Father's Day For The Boy Wonder

Robin #163
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Freddie E. Williams II

This was another great issue from Adam Beechen on Robin. We get a sweet story about Tim's first fathers day with Bruce as his adoptive Father. Time is held up by the Jury, a group of villains I am not familiar with but I liked a lot. They are really ridiculous but in a cool way. I like how Tim is always referencing Connor, that is awesome that Superboy's death is still felt a year and a half later in comics. The ending was just okay for me, I am not one who likes to see Batman smile. It is kind of creepy but I suppose it wasn't bad with Williams's art. I am not sure where Robin's relationship with Zoanne is going. I hope Beechen brings it somewhere before he leaves the book. Now that he isn't going to be on Teen Titans for long, is he still leaving this book? I don't know.

No comments: