Monday, June 25, 2007

The Return Of The Vigilante

Nightwing #133
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Jamal Igle

Now that is a good cover. I can't wait to get it as a poster. Inside this issue, it was just as exciting as Wolfman mixes action with drama perfectly. Nightwing faces a strange gang who has kidnapped Liu, a girl he knew from the missing year between when he left Batman and when he joined the New Teen Titans. In the end Vigilante shows up. I'm not sure which Vigilante it is but I have a feeling it is not the one from the Bruce Jones Mini-Series and it sure isn't Adrian Chase - the only superhero I know have that comitted sucide and not for some noble reason. (Just thought I would throw that little tidbit of DC history in there.) I like the supporting cast being built around Nightwing since he lost most of his after Bludhaven was destroyed. Oh how I miss Bludhaven. This was a good issue.

No comments: