Monday, May 28, 2007

The Mystery Deepens

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #52
Written by Tad Williams
Art by Shawn McManus

I love the mystery factor of this title. There are like what, two or three mysteries in this issue alone. Unlike Busiek, who made it kinda boring by having absolutely nothing happen. The dialogue between the characters that Williams rights is a lot of fun and the art compliments it well. I know this series isn't exactly selling well and that makes me mad!!! Tad Williams is doing great things with this title give it a chance. Anyways, it was cool to spend some time back in Sub Diego (When are they going to explain how this relates to World War III where it resurfaced). I loved the story that Aquagirl tells about the tunnels. It was creepy and sad (In fact anytime anyone trapped leaves writing carved into a wall it is creepy and sad). They keep referring to the "second disaster". I wonder if that relates to what happened in World War III. I have no idea what is going on with the new Aquaman's father either.

No comments: