Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lois Lane: Investigative Reporter

Superman Confidential #4
Written by Darwyn Cooke
Art and cover by Tim Sale

So I am going to guess the guy who opened the door at the end of this issue was a Clark Kent robot or something? Most likely. Didn't Superman have a bunch of robots stored in the Fortress of Solitude at one point. Anyways, this was a decent issue. I enjoyed it. I mean, it is still nothing to write home about or nothing. Sale's art is up to par for what he usually does and the writing is decent. Everything is just okay I guess. It is nice to see Lois in her investigative reporter role, a role we don't see very often in series set in the modern DCU. I wonder why this series is delayed so much? Sale's art? Cooke having to deal with writing and drawing the Spirit as well as overseeing animation projects--that is the most likely culprit. But in a world where All-Star Batman and Robin is YEARS late, something like this isn't a big deal at all.

No comments: