Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Empty Boxes

Hawkgirl #63
Written by Walter Simonson
Art by Renato Arlem

I had a sorta mixed reaction to the art of this issue. At times I was like way cool but then at other times I was like ugh. See there is a huge scene where the museum is on fire and it just seems like they are all walking around with fire all around them, and they don't burn! I think that was an artistic mistake. Story-wise, I enjoyed it. Apparently Hath-Set is somehow mind-controlling people. I liked how Batman narrates the whole story and when he gets put under mind control there are empty narratives boxes. That was an interesting choice I don't think I have ever seen in a comic before. The dialogue in this series hasn't go much better though and everything seems kinda forced but oh well. At least the plot is fun. I mean this issue we had Hawkgirl teaming up with Batman and then next issue it looks like she is heading to Metropolis to hang with the big blue.

No comments: