Monday, May 07, 2007

...And Start Thinkin' Like The Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle (Volume 6) #14
Written by John Rogers
Art by Rafael Albuquerque

This was one of the best and most hear-warming issues of Blue Beetle yet. Guy Gardner returns but this time not to fight the Blue Beetle but to befriend him. There were so many great moments here. We learn more about the Reach and their relationship with the Green Lanterns. But the best part of it all was when Guy showed how much he repsected Ted Kord, the last Blue Beetle. It almost brought a tear to my eye when Guy told Jaime to start thinking like the Blue Beetle. Rogers shows he doesn't need Giffen to make this series a success. I still am not a big fan of this book's art though. It is too cartoony for me although it seems that I am the minority in that opinion. I also liked how the events of last issue were recapped at the beginning. I think that is pretty important for a comic to do and it's sad not as many series do it.


No comments: