Saturday, March 31, 2007

No Enjoyment For No Reason

Action Comics #847
Written by Dwayne McDuffie
Art and Cover by Renato Guedes


We interrupt the regular run of Geoff Johns and Richard Donner (who are running late) with this little one-shot by Dwayne McDuffie. McDuffie writes a nice little story here and it is always nice to read a one-shot issue but something about this issue did not really resonate with me. It seemed dull sort of. While it was cool to see Sun Eaters and some interaction between Superman and the Kents, I just found myself bored with this issue. Maybe it was because I am annoyed that DC seems to change what Johnathan and Martha look like whenever they appear. Sometimes they look like they do on Smallville and other times they look like the oldest couple in the world. The art was fantastic, especially for a fill-in like this. But I just did not enjoy this for some odd reason. Not sure why.

No comments: