Monday, March 26, 2007

Brave and the Bold 1 and 2

Brave and the Bold #1
Written by Mark Waid
Art by George Pérez and Bob Wiacek

This is the first issue of DC's new team-up book (inspired by the old Brave and the Bold book from the sixties, seventies, and eighties) and Mark Waid proves right off the bat that this is going to be the most fun and most exciting book that DC puts out each month. He really hit it out of the park. Batman and Green Lantern may not have been my pick for the book's first team-up but I would be wrong, because Waid shows how great these two work together. The fight in the batcave was sensational, seeing that big penny finally being used almost brought tears to my eyes....well, I wouldn't go that far but it was cool. The idea of the book of destiny getting into the wrong hands is cool and I am shocked nobody has thought of this before. Great start for a great series.


Brave and the Bold #2
Written by Mark Waid
Art by George Pérez and Bob Wiace

Okay when I saw that Green Lantern and Supergirl this issue I was thinking okay well Supergirl is a little overexposed. But Waid pulls it off perfectly, I mean he writes her great over in Legion and here he writes her perfectly as well. She is an intelligent yet a little nutty girl. I loved the moment where she dresses up in a little girl costume to fool the spectators. And did I mention that a Las Vegas-like gambling planet is one of the coolest ideas ever. I am just ga-ga over the series. I love it!

No comments: