Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Double Chin Lex

Superman Confidential #3
Written by Darwyn Cooke
Art and cover by Tim Sale


This was a good issue, mostly because it is cool to see how Lex is so suspicious of Superman. Tim Sale draws Lex pretty fat, in fact he has a double chin in this issue. It kinda made me laugh. It was funny to see Lex get mad when Superman crashed his benefit party, but you can kind of sympathize with Lex in that scene. I mean it was about Lex and then Superman just shows up and steals all his thunder. Sick Kid's Fun Day seems like a pretty uninspired name though, I think Cooke could have come up with better. It is kind of a negative title for a benefit for Sick Children. I am not sure what Gallo is doing at the end of this issue and I am not sure if I dig the whole sentient Kryptonite idea, but this issue was still good. The moment where Superman is talking with the polar boy because he is so lonely was very nice. I liked that a lot.

No comments: