Sunday, January 28, 2007

Barbara Vs. Lois

Birds of Prey #102
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Nicola Scott and Doug Hazlewood

Now this was a good issue. Lots of action and tension, it really keeps you at the edge of your seat. Misfit is a fun character and I hope she stays around for a while. The only thing that kinda bothered me about this issue is doesn't Lois know that Barbara Gordon is Oracle? Didn't her husband tell her? Does Superman even know? That just confused me and got me thinking. And why was Babs acting like Lois would take her down. Shouldn't she know that Lois is a good person and won't take down heroes just for a good story? I mean she has never revealed her husband is Superman, why would she reveal Barbara is Oracle? These are some interesting questions. I really am enjoying Nicola Scott's art, he draws beautiful women but not in a sleazy way. We still do not know much about Judomaster, I would like to hear more about her. Oh and it was great to see Gypsy hasn't been forgotten about. This issue really shows how much of an asset she is the birds. Oh and this issue also showed how badass and crazy Manhunter is. Highly reccomended.

No comments: