Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Son of Zod

Action Comics #845
Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner
Art and Cover by Adam Kubert

I am not going to lie, I did not enjoy this on the first read. I felt like they were trying to replace Connor Kent and that is just not exceptable. But now, after reading it a few times, I realize that is not what it is about. Connor was never Clark's "son", I don't knw I guess I just changed my view on this. Kubert's art also took some getting used to and I think I really like it now, it fits this story wonderfully. Now, I am not a big Bizarro fan but it was interesting to see that he was locked up by Lex Luthor. I don't like the cover of this issue, it just doesn't grab me like a cover should. Clark and Lois naming the boy "Chris Kent" was a nice nod to Christopher Reeve that I really did not catch on the first read. The ending was surprising and I really didn't guess that Zod would be part of this.

No comments: