Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Amazon Legality

Manhunter #26
Written by Mark Andreyko
Art by Javier Pina and Robin Riggs

I really hope this series makes it after Issue 30. Andreyko clearly has a love for the DCU and it shows in his writing. If Manhunter does end with Issue 30, DC should at least have Andreyko write another series, he is a wonderful writer who I could see on lots of other books. After reading this, I think he should take over as Wonder Woman writer after Jodi Picult's upcoming run. He knows how to write female heroes. This issue is actually pretty important, Wonder Woman has come to Kate, who she knows is Manhunter, for legal defense against the US government who are charging her for the murder of Maxwell Lord. I loved the moments between Manhunter and Wonder Woman and Manhunter basically being in awe of her. The only weakness is the Dylan character, I hate him. I absolutely hate him. He makes my skin crawl. I really wish he would leave this series but I don't see that happening since Andreyko created him. Anyways, I encourage everyone to pick up this issue. This series is great and it deserves to last.

No comments: