Sunday, October 22, 2006

All-New Atom 2 - 4


All-New Atom #2
Written by Gail Simone
Art by John Byrne and Trevor Scott
Cover by Ariel Olivetti


Simone continues this fantastic series by further developing the supporting characters and the environment that the new Atom will have to work in. I am still not a big fan of the art but Simone's writing certainly makes up for that. I love how she inserts these quotes into the story (Although I do not understand them all) and how everything seems so mysterious. The cliffhanger is shocking and makes me wonder why this mystery man is giving this new redheaded kid an "atom belt". Is the mystery man Ray Palmer? The only thing I do not like is that the villains speak funny and I think that makes it confusing to read.

All-New Atom #3
Written by Gail Simone
Art by John Byrne and
Trevor Scott

Cover by Ariel Olivetti

This issue bring us an even creepier Ivy Town. The idea of a war between magic and science is interesting. Ivy Town is starting to reminding me of Sunnydale on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it seems to be attracting strange occurences. The cancer god is just gross and I hope he dies before this storyline ends and I have no idea what was going on with those pilgrims/amish people worshiping him. I do hope Panda is not killed by this new villain (Is he new or is he one of Ray's old villains) Dwarfstar. I like him. Dwarftstar also interests me as a villain.

All-New Atom #4
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Eddy Barrows and Trevor Scott
Cover by Ariel Olivetti


With John Byrne no longer an artist, the art on this series gets a whole lot better this issue. Also, we get a little more information on why Ivy Town has gone completely insane. Apparently, Ray Palmer screwed with the natural physics of the town on accident. There were also some great moments in this issue, including flashbacks to Ray's life and Ryan's trip down Giganta's esophagus. This series keeps getting better and better, I hope Simone stays on it for a long time to come.

No comments: