Friday, June 09, 2006

The New Teen Titans Meet The New Doom Patrol

Teen Titans (Volume 3) #36
Written by Geoff Johns
Art and Cover by Tony Daniel and Kevin Conrad

I really loved this issue. It single handedly got me looking for old Doom Patrol issues. This was a team I could care less about before and now I am fascinated with them. Thank you, Geoff! There were so many great moments in this issue I was drooling. The chief is a weird son of a bitch, Vox is an improvement of the Mal Duncan character, Bumblebee is as cool as ever, Negative Man (not Hush my bad) and Robotman are back as well as Elasti-Girl who has been "regrown" by the chief. Tony Daniel is quickly becoming my current favorite artist. And Geoff Johns remains as my all time favorite writer. Even with an entire superhero team guest starring in this issue, Geoff still manages to make it about the titans. We learn a secret about Kid Devil which shocked me. In about three issues I already care about the character and I wonder why he made up all the calls from Blue Devil. Geoff even manages to make me like the Brain and Monsier Mallah, I never thought that would happen. Great Issue!

No comments: