Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Three Felines in One Issue

Catwoman (Volume 3) #55
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez and Alvaro Lopez
Cover by Adam Hughes

This issue was good but it didn't accomplish much. We still don't know who is the father of Selina's baby. Is it Bruce or is it Slam? I do hope it is Bruce but I have my doubts. Although I guess this is a great hook for the writer, the longer Pfeifer keeps the suspence going, the longer people will stay with the book. I am still really digging the film freak and all of his movie references. The Angle Man is just a bastard this issue and Pfiefer does a good job of making you hate him. There were also some funny moments when Selina puts on the costume and moments that show how Selina really is a good mother to the baby. The art was a little strange at times. For example, why does Selina havbe brown hair in some scenes? Doesn't she have jet black hair? Also, she is shown with a blue costume in part of the issue. Her costume is black! I suppose that this is the fault of the colorists. Anyway, not much happens but I still enjoyed this issue and will be sticking around for more.

PS: Holly makes it seem like Wildcat is a better fighter than Selina. I just have to say if they were in a fight, I'd bet on Selina.

No comments: