Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Breath of Fresh Air

Supergirl (Volume 5) #6
Written by Greg Rucka
Art and Cover by Ian Churchill


Finally, Supergirl has moved forward one year later. This book is so incredibly late. But I have to say it was worth the wait. This issue was only okay but compared to the first five issues of this series it was just freaking amazing. Jeph Loeb wrote the honest to god worst run on any comic book title I have ever read while on this book and this issue is a breath of fresh air. I am soooo glad Loeb is done with this series. Anyways, in this issue we find out that Supergirl and Powergirl are staying in Kandor and are undercover as Nightwing and Flamebird...two kryptonian heroes who are helping the repressed "aliens" living in Kandor. Now for new readers, this issue would be kind of hard to understand. Not a lot of information was given about Kandor or anything. I mean they don't even say it is a bottled up city. But besides that point, the story is intriguing and interesting. Reading this, I realized how obvious it was that Supergirl would want to stay in the bottle city of Kandor. I mean unlike Superman, she grew up on Krypton. That is her home. I am surprised no writer has ever thought of this before. The Powergirl and Supergirl relationship is a good fit, i like it and all in all I would say this was a decent issue. Can't wait to see what Joe Kelly does with the series.

No comments: