Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Still Waiting For The Rematch

Green Arrow (Volume 3) #61
Written by Judd Winick
Art and cover by Scott McDaniel and Andy Owens

The previous issue of this series was reviewed here. Not much happens here, very decompressed. Now Judd is not one of my favorite writers, but I got to admit, the man has balls. I mean he has Ollie say things that could cause backlash from the conservative comic readers. Me being a liberal, I do not care but it could cause controversy. If it does, that would be ridiculous because Green Arrow is a liberal!! He always has been so this is totally in character. I like how Ollie has this kick ass mentality about being the mayor, he tells things how they are in a way most politicians don't; the truth. I am a little bit weary about Ollie's bodyguards or whatever they are knowing that he is also Green Arrow. I just don't see any reason why Ollie would tell them. Judd does a great job of making you hate the police captain guy in this issue and he continues to define Star City more and more. So although barely anything happens, it was still a decent issue.

No comments: