Saturday, April 15, 2006

Clark Kent= Green Lantern?

Action Comics #837
Written by Geoff Johns and Kurt Busiek
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson


For the first time in the history of me reading comics, I find myself excited about a Superman storyline. This storyline (which began here) is a lot of fun. The idea of Supes losing his powers is something that had been done time and time again, but Geoff and Kurt manage to pull it off byshowing heartfelt moments in this issue where Clark tells Lois how he feels blind without his powers. This made me realize it probably would be weird having powers for so long and then having them go away, Clark would probably feel lost. This is something I would have never thought of if I had not read this issue. I liked the two guest stars, Hal Jordan and Hawkgirl, I think this helps fully establish Hawkgirl as a major player in the DCU. Although I am not sure if Kendra knows that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same. Does anybody know? I could not tell from this issue. I also loved the ending cliffhanger which I was definitely not expecting and gave me goosebumps with excitement.

No comments: