Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Action Comics 855 - 859

Action Comics #855
Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner
Art by Eric Powell

While I understand the appeal of the character, I really don't enjoy Bizarro. I find his speech patterns kind of annoying I am sorry. I don't find it amusing. That's not to say this issue wasn't enjoyable. The art was fantastic and I like the idea of Bizarro World, I just wish they didn't talk like that ah! I am curious to learn where Bizarro World comes from.

Action Comics #856 Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner
Art by Eric Powell


Now this issue was more like it. I liked all the Frankenstein references and all the Bizarro characters. The idea that under a blue sun Bizzarro can make duplicates is pretty cool. I liked how he just basically smashed some asteroids together to make Bizzarro World. Very creative on Donner and Johns' parts.

Action Comics #857 Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner
Art by Eric Powell

Haha I ended up really enjoying this arc. Bizzarro World is a fun place to visit. I liked the Bizzarro Justice League and how easily that all turned on Bizzaro Luthor. It was really clever. I definitely enjoyed this a lot and smiled a few times. No complaints here.

Action Comics #858 Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Gary Frank

The art is fantastic at the start of this new arc. I love the idea of reintroducing the original Legion of Super-Heroes and the flashback to when a teen aged Clark first met them was fantastic. Now I have never read a single original Legion comic but I still got into this, it is very accessible to new readers. I liked the ending where it was revealed that in the year 3008 the sun is red. Very cool.

Action Comics #859 Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Gary Frank

I am being introduced to the original Legion of Super-Heroes through this story arc and I really am liking them. I am even tempted to go get some back issues. I like the many levels that this story can be read. It can be read as a commentary on modern-day Xenophobia and even on stuff like true life of Jesus. It can be taken in different ways. Johns proves to me once again he is one of the best writers DC has right now and I almost always enjoy his stuff. I look forward to next issue.



No comments: