Friday, May 11, 2007

Shadowpact 9 - 12

Shadowpact #9
Written by Bill Willingham
Art by Tom Derenick

This was an action-packed issue of fun. I like this series a lot if I haven't said that a million times already and this issue is no exception. Will Nightmaster survive? Probably but I really don't care either way. I find him kinda boring. Shadowpact meeting Etrigan is so obvious that I am surprised I never thought of that before. And it is funny to see Blue Devil start rhyming. Oh and I love the Shadowpact's new laws of superheroics. So simple and brilliant.

Shadowpact #10
Written by Bill Willingham
Art by Tom Derenick

Another great issue. It was interesting to learn about how promotions work in hell and I look forward to seeing Blue Devil, Nightshade, and the subsitute Shadowpact they have set up travel into Hell. That should be cool. While this issue was mostly talking, it was still awesome.


Shadowpact #11
Written by Bill Willingham
Art by Tom Derenick


Willingham is an imaginative man and the final defeat of Etrigan proves that. I like these subsitute Shadowpact heroes, I hope they stay in the series in one form or another. I actually was scared that Warlock's Daughter was going to die at one point. Thank God she didn't (And God actually plays a role in this when Ragman asks him for help.)

Shadowpact #12
Written by Bill Willingham
Art by Tom Derenick


Wow! This was a cool issue! Willingham recounts the origin of the Nightmaster and now...I actually like him! In one issue he has turned me into a fan of the character. That is amazing. I loved everything about his origin. The origin of the Oblivion Bar and all of it. It was really cool and magical. I highly recommend this issue.


No comments: