Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Hawkgirl 60 - 62

Hawkgirl #60
Written by Walter Simonson
Art by Renato Arlem

So Hawkman is back and Hawkgirl basically tells him that she wants to break up because she secretly know that the Hawks can't be together if they are to survive. I think that is pretty cool and logical but the dialogue is so clunky in this series. It's worse than Star Wars. Oh and it looks like hurrican Katrina actually happened in the DCU.

Hawkgirl #61
Written by Walter Simonson
Art by Renato Arlem

I gotta hand it Simonson, the dialogue is still clunky but the idea of Hawkgirl turning into a robot being at the end of this issue was pretty cool. The New Gods are popping a lot lately probably because they will be involved heavily in Countdown. Here we get to see the female furies who I am not that familiar with but I am enjoying them. I enjoyed this issue.

Hawkgirl #62
Written by Walter Simonson
Art by Renato Arlem

I don't really get the end of this issue, how does she know Hath-Set is in gotham just from the picture? I thought that she had that vase and it was destroyed when the gizmoid came out? Oh well, whatever, this was an okay issue. Nothing really amazing happens and the writing still isn't great. The Female furies are fun though and at least we have next issue to look forward to with Batman. Because as you know, he makes everything better!

No comments: