Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Checkmate 11 and 12

Checkmate (Volume 2) #11
Written by Greg Rucka, Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir
Art by Steve Scott

Ya um...I barely understand what is going on in this issue....but I loved it. Rucka (and everyone else, why are there so many writers?)knows how to write these sort of complex international James Bondish plots. I am not sure what Operation Condor is but I suppose it has some connection to Fire's past. And I wonder why there has been no mention of the new Judomaster (from Birds of Prey) by Tommy Jagger. And of course, The Thinker is still a welcome addition to the cast and Amanda Waller is still a bitch lol. The last issue cliffhanger was very surprising as well.




Checkmate (Volume 2) #12
Written by Greg Rucka, Nunzio DeFilippis and Christina Weir
Art by Steve Scott and Nathan Massengill

Okay now I get it! This arc was even better when I finally got what was going on. Anyways, Fire Fans are prolly going to get all pissed that she killed Computron, but I think that is stupid. This issue shows that Fire is still the hero she was when she was with the Justice League. She turns against her father, and the moment where the Black King explains that he chose her because of her being a superhero gave me goosebumps. Fire finally realizes that she is not a killer, but a hero, and will always be. This is why no one should complain about the way Fire is portrayed in this issue because they are missing the point if they do. Anyways, I am liking the Black King a lot more after this issue. He is a fully realized character now instead of just a prop. I must say this has been my favorite story arc of the series so far.

No comments: