Monday, January 22, 2007

Amon Sur's Revenge

Green Lantern (Volume 4) #16
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert

This was an action-packed issue and it was great to see the new Justice League in action for the first time (even if it wasn't in their own book). It did make me realize how much the Justice League feels empty without Martian Manhunter but...oh well. Abin Sur's son seems like a logical choice for a villain and I am surprised no one has really thought about that before, it makes perfect sense. Jordan just left buried his father in the desert, of course he's pissed. But I think the guy is wrong, the ring chose Hal and Hal didn't not respect Abin when he died. Some say this bounty hunter, Hunger Dog, is really John Stewart. I don't know. Why is John a bounty hunter now? I don't think it's true but hey maybe I am wrong. Oh and is Cowgirl really dead? That seems like a waste of a character, don't it. I hope she isn't. Anyways, this was a cool issue and get it just for the Justice League alone.

No comments: