Saturday, November 18, 2006

Robin 152 - 156

Robin #152
Written by Adam Beechen

Art by Freddie E. Williams II

Beechen is a great Robin writer, I do not blame him for what happened to Cassandra, I blame DC for that. I am glad that I finally get to see Beechen write Robin in a better storyline this issue. This was another great issue, Beechen just really gets Tim Drake. I like the friendship between Zoanne and Tim that is being set up, and I even liked the moments between Bruce nad Tim. The idea of Robin searching through old super-villain hideouts is too cool for school (:

Robin #153
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Freddie E. Williams II


The banter between Robin and Boomerang in this issue seemed so real. I liked it a lot. Boomerang's comments about how weird Batman's villains were was great as well. There were a lot of great lines in this issue. Owen is written much better here than he is in the Outsiders I think. Although, I am pretty sure that already I can tell that Beechen is a better writer than Winick so that is understandable. Great issue. Oh and the art is good too. I wonder if we will see more of this "Dodge" kid.


Robin #154
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Freddie E. Williams II

Tim Drake is one smart little dude, I mean he is way beyond the skill that Dick had when Dick was his age. I guess that is why Tim is my all-time favorite Robin. He beats out Stephanie, Dick, and Jason any day of the week. It really shows his skill in this issue. I love how he manages to fight and think of ways to make it look like Tim Drake is not Robin at the same time. The cover to this issue is fantastic and I can't way to see Robin's reaction to Dodge getting involved. That annoying kid is starting to get on my nerves, but I think he is supposed to. Robin is still one of the most improved comic books since the one year later jump.

Robin #155
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Freddie E. Williams II

The cover to this issue was beautiful, but doesn't t seem too similar to last issue? Strange. Anyways, this issue was very good. Beechen continues to hit them out of the park. Tim being upset that Dodge is in a coma is understandable but, Bruce is right, it is not Tim's fault. It actually upset me, I was actually kinda starting to like Dodge. I think the kid means well, even though he got carried away and cocky.

Robin #156
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Freddie E. Williams II

This was a well-written touching story about suicide, and it wasn't too preachy! A lot of stories like these in comics could seem lame and preachy, but not here, Beechen is a good writer so he pulled it off. I liked how Robin dealt with his problems by talking to a suicidal teen. I actually know someone who went through the same thing as this guy when he went to college. But I have to say, Robin's life has been a hell of a lot harder than that suicidal guy. I hope Dodge gets out of his choma. Or maybe not? Maybe he works better as a character in a coma that Robin goes to when he needs to talk to. We'll see I guess.

No comments: