Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Brand New Era For The Birds of Prey

Birds of Prey #100
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Nicola Scott, Doug Hazlewood, Paulo Sequiera and Robin Riggs
Cover by Jerry Ordway

It's exciting to see a book like Birds of Prey reach its 100th issue, it is like the little engine that could. Gail Simone and Chuck Dixon before her have created a great series out of the adventures of Oracle and her agents. Here is to another hundred issues! This issue introduces a new era for the Birds, with Dinah leaving the team it looks like Oracle is turning the Birds into a who's who of DC females as shown by the cover of this issue (which is great by the way.) It was fun to see all the lady super-heroes get their invitations into the Birds. But what about Gypsy, wasn't she going to be a permanent member now? She is not even mentioned in this issue. Strange. While I enjoyed the main story, I enjoyed the back-up a lot more. I love how Dinah tells her life story to Sin. I am actually kindve excited to see that Dinah and Ollie might get back together, even though I know it has been hinted a million times in the past. Will their always be Black Canary back ups in this series? I guess time will tell but I certainly enjoyed this one. Fantastic milestone issue.

No comments: