Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The Flash 2 - 5

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #2
Written by Danny Bilson and Paul Demeo

Art by Ken Lashley

Okay I still say the whole Bart Allen equals the new flash seems too soon. I feel like Wally had a lot more stories to tell. At the same time, maybe it was time for Wally to move on, I am not sure. This issue was better than the last though. At least I could tell what is going on in this issue. It still feels, I don't know...unnatural to have a Flash series starring Bart Allen.

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #3
Written by Danny Bilson and Paul Demeo
Art by Karl Kerscl

I liked the art in this issue a lot. Too bad it is only a guest artist. I already do not like the Griffin. Which probably means that Bilson and Demeo are creating a good villain. The romantic relationship between Valerie and Bart is another thing in this book that seems forced. Plus, how long ago could Valerie have been in high school that she would have been saved by Bart as Kid Flash. Bart was kid flash a year ago and was probably only Kid Flash for the most two years. It seems like that doesn't make sense timeline wise but I guess it is not that important, maybe I am just being a continuity cop.

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #4
Written by Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo
Art and Cover by Ken Lashley


I am happy to say that I actually enjoyed this issue. Valerie and Bart don't seem quite as forced anymore and it was cool to find out that the souls of Wally, Barry, and Max now live within Bart. It puts a new spin on the concept of a "legacy" character. I even dug the art. What a turn around for this series.

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #5
Written by Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo
Art and cover by Ken Lashley


This series has done a complete 180. I am loving it. The issue was a perfect blend of drama and super hero action. I am surprised to even say that I am starting to like Bart as the Flash. I don't think I have read any series that has turned around so quickly. I hope Bart rescues both Jay and Valerie, but I have the feeling that they are setting it up for Jay to either die or lose his powers. While I love Jay, I understand that it is time for him to move on. I think there should only be one Flash in the DCU for now.

No comments: