Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Catwoman 57 - 60

Catwoman (Volume 3) #57
Written by Will Pfeifer

Art by David Lopez

Ah...this is the Catwoman I know. She certainly kicks the Film Freak and Angle Man's ass this issue and the Catwoman I know wouldn't put up with the bullshit that they have put her through. As you can tell, I enjoyed this issue. The art is fantastic. The meeting between Holly and Alan Scott is classic and the cliffhanger ending is perfect because, let's face it, Zatanna does owe Selina.

Catwoman (Volume 3) #58
Written by Will Pfeifer

Art by David Lopez


This was a fun issue. We get to see how Zatanna does her little mind warps. I think this was a fine ending for now, but if too many comics include Zatanna altering minds of villains who find out secrets then it will get a little repetetive and cliche, but for this issue, it works. I was surprised when the cop put Black Mask's skull on the table while interrogating Holly, I have never seen a cop do that in any type of fiction. Crazy. Anyways, this was just another great Catwoman issue. No complaints here.

Catwoman (Volume 3) #59
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez and Alvaro Lopez

Cover by Adam Hughes

Once again Seliana is acting like the Catwoman I know and love with her plan to break into the East End Jail. If anyone could do that, it is Selina. The Film Freak is one crazy bastard, Pfeifer manages to make him both fun and scary. The cliffhanger made me smile and the art continues to impress. That blonde cop is also a real asshole and I love the mention of Commisioner Gordon and how the war against capes in Gotham are over. Great Issue.

Catwoman (Volume 3) #60
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez and Alvaro Lopez

Cover by Adam Hughes


Wow, I must say I am really enjoying seeing what the film freak does next. What a great character! And I actually know the last one, it's from Dr. Strangelove! I had to watch that it my film study class, it was pretty funny. And seeing Selina kick ass and get Holly out of Jail was fantastic. I feel bad for Slam though. His son has a kid with the love of his life. Selina really screwed Slam over in that respect.

No comments: