Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hal Is Up To His Old Tricks

Green Lantern (Volume 4) #11
Written by Geoff Johns
Art by Ivan Reis and Marc Campos
Cover by Simone Bianchi


This issue, understandably late, was the second for Green Lantern one year later. Once again, Geoff puts together a nice mixture of action packed events and warm character moments. I loved the introduction of the new Crimson Fox. It put a smile on my face and should put a smile on the faces anyone who liked Justice League Europe back in the day. I like how Fox is being forced into joining the Global Guardians as this organization has always been kind of shady and I am not surprised to see them acting this way now. I am a little worried about Hal, as defying the guardian's wishes has never been a good thing for him and I hope he knows what he is doing. The two page spread where Hal is in front of the guardians is just magnificent and kudos should be given to the artists for that. Also, Geoff manages to make Guy likeable this issue which is something that is rare. I know Guy has his fans but usually he just comes off as a cocky jerk to me. So Kudos to Geoff. The ending was pretty cool although I have never found the manhunters that fascinating and do not know much about the cyborg superman.

No comments: