Sunday, May 21, 2006

The End...Finally!

Superman/Batman #25
Written by Jeph Loeb
Art and Cover by Ed McGuinness and Dexter Vines


Before I start my rant, I have to say, I did not totally hate this issue. There were some cool moments like seeing all the supergirls together. Now onto the regular scheduled rant: This blew. And I mean blew. In fact, really since the end of the Supergirl Arc in this book. This has sucked. I have really lost confidence in Jeph's writing. He just throws whatever he thinks is cool into a story without any respect for plot or actually making sense. Maybe for some people this is fun and brings them back to their childhood or something, but my childhood was in the nineties so I have no fond memories of the silver age and I am completely turned off by this whole thing. Jeph's ego seems to have inflated so much that he thinks he does not even have to respect continuity. I am glad he is leaving this title for good.

No comments: