Wednesday, May 17, 2006

DC's Newest and Craziest Superhero Team Makes its Series Debut

Shadowpact #1
Written by Bill Willingham
Art and Cover by Willingham


See I expected this to be good but I did not expect to be this good. This was a really fun read. It reminded me of PAD's Supergirl and Fables rolled up into one. I simply loved it. It has this charm to it that only Willingham can bring to a comic. The storyline was cool, and the fact that the shadowpact has been missing for a year in the big red barrier thing was smart on Willingham's part. He really doesn't have to explain what they have been doing in the last year because they have only been one place. What is so great about this new series, is that I couldn't have cared less about Nightshade, Nighmaster, Bluedevil, The Enchantress, Ragman, and Detective Chimp before this. Now I want to know more about each and every one of them. What the villains are doing is very creepy and reminded me of that short story the lottery that you always had to read in high school english classes. Speaking of these villains, they all seems to be evil doppelgangers of the Shadowpact members. I wonder if this was purposeful...I guess it has to be. The only problem I saw with this issue is I don't see why Detective Chimp had to get a new costume. His old costume was way cooler. Anyways, great start to this new series and I am looking forward to reading more. Everyone should definitely buy this.

No comments: