Sunday, March 26, 2006

1,001 Years Later

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #16
Written by Mark Waid
Art and Cover by Barry Kitson and Mick Gray


I really don't think that that this book should have jumped forward one year later. They could've had the title change without jumping one year later because it does not seem that much has changed in the legion in the last year. I mean there new headquarters is still not even built yet. What were the construction workers doing for the whole year! The legion seems to have gotten a little cocky in the last year too, calling the adults stupid and just looking down on them. I do not know if I like this development, its like the legion is acting like the adults when they should be better than them. I liked how they introduced Supergirl though, I got goosebumps when the legion see the S-symbol in the big meteor-like thing. It is also kind of cool that in the thirty-first century the Super-people are considered myths and to not have actually existed. It makes you wonder how many other people in our world considered myths today did actually exist. The final page was definitely a shocker and I really can't predict what Supergirl means or what is even going to happen next, thats a good cliffhanger!

No comments: